martedì 24 marzo 2015

Palette challenge #6 - Snow White

Requested by a-kent ( a-kent.tumblr.com/ ) on tumblr: Palette 21, something Hannigram-y, preferably with an apple. Thanks :
And, really, I could not resist to draw something in Snow White style ... sorry.


Will watched the figure step from the glade, his body wrapped in deep velvet cloth and shadow. He took a step back, and the man did the same, his body language submissive. Will took a slight step forward.

"Hello," He said, respectfully.

The man put his head over his heart and bowed low. "Good day, my prince."

Will's face filled with shock. "You know me?" He asked.

"I would be rude of me not to know the face of the man who will one day rule this country." The man said. "I've heard about you. Very wise and very fair to his subjects. We need such a ruler in this times."

"You flatter me, sir," Will said. "But I'm no greater than any other man."

"You are great enough for the current king to live in fear of you," he said. "To hear him wish to denounce your birthright, how shameful."

Will looked away, not sure how to respond.

"My pardons, my prince," the man bowed again. "i didn't mean to raise such uncomfortable topics."

"Quite all right, sir," Will responded.

"In fact," the man said. "It was quite rude to me to do so," he slipped his hand into his pocket, producing a bright red apple that gleamed in the sun was though it were a perfectly polished ruby.

"In forgiveness, my prince," he said, extending the apple out to Will. Will stepped back, a feeling of caution growing in his chest, but the apple itself looked so appeasing and the man's words were so soft and kind. Will came forward.

"I appreciate your gift," he said. "It really isn't-"

Soft, well kept hands collected the Prince's own ones, gently placing the apple within them. "My gift to you, my prince. May you enjoy it."

Will stared down at the apple in his hands, glancing back up at the man. He hadn't moved, Will supposed the man wanted to see him enjoy his gift, so, with delicate fingers, he brought the apple to his mouth and took a bite, the wonderful taste exploding on his tounge. It was truly delicious. He lifted his head to give thanks to the man… but his body began to feel oddly cold. He staggered back, the apple slipping from his hands as darkness overtook him. He colasped, his body landing in the arms of the man… the king who'd given him the apple. Poisoned, yes, but not with a formula of death. One of life. One in which the next to kiss him, the prince's heart would belong to him, forever. He leaned down, collecting the younger man in his arms and kissed the man's still lips.

Slowly, the prince opened his eyes, looking up at the man who now carried him so gently.

"My king," he whispered, his eyes filled with devotion.

"My William," the king smiled. "Now you are mine, forever."


-gabrielsangel

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento