mercoledì 6 maggio 2015

Bride of Hannibal - A new promo


Yes. Yes yes yes yes. A new promo. I don't even like Bedelia (Not that she is poorly written or nonsense like, because the characters of NBC Hannibal are written all right .. it's just that in the order of my preferences is very low because I do not like the characters too cold and detached), but I'm really interested, now, in what this character seems to combine in this new season ... probably the "cold", the layer of ice, which he held until now the character of this woman needed to hide (with extreme class) something. What? We have to go with order ...
And Hannibal is undoubtedly a great man, or else we'd be watching for? The show also has its name. But what would be behind a great big man like him?
There is... a great woman, of course.
 So, now we know that Bedelia is a great woman too (not that Hannibal is a woman, but a person, yes... so they are two great... individuals).

Oh, that outfit. I'm Italian and I can assure you that it is absolutely the right style. Aside from being beautiful. Of course, I prefer the classic suits of Hannibal, the three pieces with that not-tipical-colors, but the change isn't bad, right? It it was for me, I would dress Hannibal in a thousand different ways (except with some Mads Mikkelsen's outfits, who are just Mads' and on Hannibal they would not be good).
It reminds me so much then, for various reasons, a garden with olive trees. I love it.

And what we want to do with "My wife and I would love to have you to dinner?"
Hmm... family dinners. Family *cough*cannibal*cough* dinners are the best.
And here is our family dinner...
But look at Bedelia! Straight out of a novel-comic-fanfiction. Goodies like this are rarely found in other TV series. And then she has just the conduct which the perfect wife must have.
All polite and cute she, who brings the tray like a good hostess ... but we know that there is something underneath. Not under the tray, eh. Beneath the surface of that behavior.
 Hannibal smiling all cute. Seemingly happy. Somehow I get the feeling that he can not be really happy, but he is trying. And maybe, a little, he feels serene, yes.
And the jingle in the background "So happy together" ... shaping up already that they will not be so happy together.

Bedelia responds politely to the smile. Not too expansive. Not too happy. Somewhat satisfied, that is. Indeed, much satisfied.
But that expression annoys me, because that's exactly the face of my mother when she's satisfied of how she bother me.
And not only me...



That is a wink? A wink, right? As a signal. The signal to which all hell breaks loose.
And instead of unleashing hell (or at least, a little before unleashing hell), there is this sequence here:

I know it will be something else, but I'm the only one that thinks: this seems that someone is throwing the wine in the face of Bedelia? Maybe yes, maybe not. With all the probabilities, this is blood. But to me, it seems that someone is being very rude.
And now begins the compilation: Bedelia and random things to create some atmosphere.
 Bedelia that bathes.
(We must say that until now we have seen in NBC's Hannibal always showers and never baths)
Bedelia drowning (obviously they had to buy a less deep bathtub)
Bedelia still drowning. Or maybe she learned to swim.

Hands and blood, blood and hands and body parts: the specialties of the shots of NBC Hannibal.
 Drops of blood and floors. Another classic. Let's feel the atmosphere.
Hands (gloved) and curtains. Beautiful. I like it. They embody the expectation, you want to see what's behind. Only that, despite the white gloves and the clean curtains, behind I expected to see a holocaust, a slaughterhouse. And instead ...
People dancing! Yes, finally! It is the first season that I want to see a dance
Come closer, camera, please, approach ...
We see Bedelia and Hannibal dancing. Always smug expression for Bedelia.
The expression of Hannibal is between extreme concentration and having to hold back from the remove the face of someone with a bite. Maybe it's that who have put together the promo, put in it the only two-second sequence in which Hannibal don't look happy, but the expression with lip-biting withdrawn and clenched jaw seems to persist.

But for now we do not care, what we care is that we will see Hannibal dance (with Bedelia, moreover, that will please everyone who... well, who is happy about this. Lucky Hannidelia's (or Bedannibal?) shippers. Here).
We already saw this sequence in the last trailer ... but where are you running, Bedelia? If they make us see this thing, it means that it is somewhat important.
Be a good boy, Hannibal. I can't tell you to keep your hands to yourself, because you touch everyone, but be a good boy. Only, don't be a Jack Harkness. Leave "the being playboy" to the playboys. Remember that you just got out of a relationship. And that you are a polite serial killer. And I do not want to see "weird" (read "sex") scenes between you and Bedelia (personal taste, but each one prays for himself, right?). Okay?
And I'm also doing a lot of completely unnecessary stories for a scene in which Hannibal simply moves Bedelia's hair.
Oh. I can calm down a little? Bedelia with blood on his hands. It could be the flashback to when she killed that poor man of his patient?  I hope so, I'm curious about that. 
 Hannibal with a bow! I'm the only that find him cute? I love (and I'm often wearing) the bow ties. Should I get one like him (the ones I usually wear, however, are more elaborate).
NO MARRIAGE.
I watched the promo not all at once, but stopping almost frame by frame and ... well, one has to think what, when he reads "no marriage"?
No. Nononono. Keep your clothes on. It is an order. Later maybe, but not now.
Do not induce Hannibal into temptation, but deliver us from evil, thanks.
But I'm wrong, probably at this time she is not at all with Hannibal ...
You see? She does not listen to me. Never and ever.
Bedelia, put your clothes on! And nothing.
Bedelia, help Hannibal as his therapist as it should! And nothing.
Bedelia, stop causing death and despair fights indirectly through mental manipulation! But when ever.

My certainty? Here Bedelia is spying Hannibal that is doing something he should not do. Or that he should do, but he's doing it with very few clothes on.
 See? NO MARRIAGE IS PERFECT. No. Not one in the world.
This piece, as they talked, I had to look it for entire and understanding ... and what the hell did he say?
I did not understand it (not perfectly). The accent is not quite clear and I'm Italian ... Someone can help me? I understood only the end of his phrase, "would kill you". Of course her accent is indeed perfect and the reply is "not entirely".

Oh, thank you very much, Patricia!

Is that a gun? Total panic!
Because while the other characters obey (almost) always the law of "do what they think they need to do / I order) Bedelia goes in exactly the opposite: when I say not to shoot at Hannibal, she will shoot.
I can almost see Hannibal on the floor, bleeding and asking "Why Bedelia?".
And she replying "I told you a billion times. And you were too busy to say "Will Will Will"."

Last, but not least, the closing screens that are really, really beautiful. Not that I do not like those who they have previously shown (the simplest, usually red and black), but these are best suited for a third season that is heralding rich and baroque.
Also note the hashtag "BrideofHannibal" that reminds me much the "Bride of Chucky" or the "Bride of Frankenstein's monster"

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento